Welcome to Development Services. This site is a resource for people wanting to build within the City of Kirkland and provides research tools for those interested in development activity within the City.
Building Services: Permits & Applications | Planning Department: Applications & Forms | Public Works: Permitting Information
We have now posted our Time to Review Goals. These goals are based on permit type and scope of work. Though plan reviewers are always striving to meet these time to review goals, sometimes it is just not possible. In addition to the time it takes to perform and complete reviews, there is additional processing time required by the permit technicians to get plans ready for review or permits ready for issuance.
Let Us Know
- Making Online Inspection Requests has been simplified with a more user-friendly interface and more timely data, available 24-hours a day at MyBuildingPermit.com.
- Interactive Mapping Portal - Kirkland Maps has a public mapping portal that allows the community to access, navigate to, and query selected data layers from the citywide GIS database and other sources. Using your computer, you can easily access the city’s property information, permitting information; zoning and land use information, utility information, topographic information, and sensitive areas information. You can also create a property report, apply for permits, pay utility bills, and print out maps.
- Current public notices can be viewed on the Planning Department's Public Notices page.
- Inspection Request Line - Request inspections through the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system. For next day inspection requests, the deadline for phoning or submitting inspection requests is 3:00 P.M. the day before the inspection is needed. For requests made by phone, call 1-866-458-7354.
- Code Amendments - View pending and approved amendments to the Zoning Code and Comprehensive Plan
- Electronic Plan Review - MyBuildingPermit.com is an easy-to-use permitting portal that can help you save time and money. Apply for, pay for, check the status of, research, and receive permits for Building, Fire, Sign, Land Use, Public Works, Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing permits online.
- Receive the latest information about development regulations in Kirkland and be notified about upcoming meetings by joining the Kirkland Developers Partnership Forum.
Please let us know how well we are meeting your needs and how we can better serve you by completing a Development Services customer survey.